Johnson Family

Johnson Family
Christmas 2009

The girls...

The girls...

The boys!!!

The boys!!!

Rylie Rebecca

Rylie Rebecca
Little Lady

Chase Matthew

Chase Matthew
little warrior...

About Me

My photo
A busy stay @ home mom. What can I say? My life revolves around my family. I make sure life is neat and tidy with good blood sugars!!!

Followers

Us

Us
..awe

Abe...

Abe...
puppy love!!!

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes
Team "Chase the Cure" 2009

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes

October 11, 2009 - we participated in our 2nd walk. It was a gorgeous day...we could not have asked for better weather! We had a group of family and friends that came to walk with us and show their love and support for Chase. It is times like these, that make me realize (not that I really forget), how lucky we are to have the family and friends we do have.
We have raised about $1600- and will be receiving more donations in the next week or two. We are so excited to get donations to give to the JDRF. Without this organization...there would be no hope of a cure for Type 1 diabetes (juvenile diabetes). For the JDRF, we are so grateful and will continue a life long journey of collecting donations for research.
If anyone is interested in donating, we would love and appreciate all of the support we can get!!!
http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=87441692
On the drive into Reno for the walk, I asked Chase if he would like to have a cure someday? He said "NO!"...I am not sure if he understands that, but I tried to explain it. I see how he deals daily with his diabetes, and he honestly doesn't even notice it! Which I am so grateful that he is being himself, and not letting something like this, consume him. It however consumes me, and I would love a cure for him. Not for me!!! I want my son to live a life that is not in jeapordy of horrific complications. I want him to be able to eat or drink something and never have to give it another thought. The next process to be only digestion - not how much insulin is now needed!!!
Anyways, he is doing awesome!!!! And with that said, life has been a beautiful blessing...blood sugar testing and all!!!!

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Chase makes it look easy and you do too Jess. I am sure that it isn't always, but you ispire me! Love your committment to the cure. We will always support that!

Johnsons Away said...

You guys are amazing! You really are an inspiration to us all. Know that we love you guys and miss you!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

One of these days, I'm comin to Reno and doing that walk right along with you!

mjrcjohnson said...

We ended up raising a little over $3000- for this years JDRF walk!!! So grateful for all of those very generous donations!!!
I can feel that cure coming!!!!!