Johnson Family

Johnson Family
Christmas 2009

The girls...

The girls...

The boys!!!

The boys!!!

Rylie Rebecca

Rylie Rebecca
Little Lady

Chase Matthew

Chase Matthew
little warrior...

About Me

My photo
A busy stay @ home mom. What can I say? My life revolves around my family. I make sure life is neat and tidy with good blood sugars!!!

Followers

Us

Us
..awe

Abe...

Abe...
puppy love!!!

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes
Team "Chase the Cure" 2009

Sunday, December 21, 2008

12-21-08 marks 1 year of diabetes for Chase...

Today is Chase's official 1 year diagnosis day! Can't call it much of an "anniversary" - but we have come such a long way. One year ago today - I was a effing wreck!!! Today, I look at my beautiful son, and am so grateful to The Good Lord for not only giving me this child, but letting me keep him.
I am determined to not only keep Chase healthy and thriving - but to find the positives and share those with others going through this too.
I can only be grateful for what we have. I see and read so many things that children have (like our Zack) - and I will take Chase's diabetes over 99% of what I come across. My son is the same as he was before his diagnosis. I joke to people that his diabetes is the easy part of him to take care of these days. It's the 3 year old little boy that is more difficult! :)
My son is a very brave little man - and I hope to be as strong as him one day...
Chase my precious boy...we love you more than words can ever say. You are the warrior - YOU ARE THE MAN!!! So glad you're mine little guy...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love your perspective on this situation in your lives. It's truly the only way to go. What a cutie he is too! I LOVED reading all of your families likes on the right hand side of your page, cute!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Gosh sakes...I remember when we got the news about Chase's diabetes too...I too was an "effing wreck" right along with you...

WE LOVE YOU TOO CHASE!!!

Johnsons Away said...

Wow,you are so amazing. Chase and Riley are lucking to have such a wonderful Mom. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!